We are a registered Non-Profit organization that believes everyone should have access to Critical Incident Interventions and money should not be a deterrent. We offer free Crisis Interventions to people and organizations in our community.
CISM for Communities believes in the pro-active approach to help people. We offer free workshops to people and small organizations on Stress Management to help build coping and resiliency skills before a crisis/traumatic event happens.
We have 11 FMM community members and 45 Rural community members professionally trained to respond to critical/traumatic incidents.
The main core components of CISM are:
- Education and Awareness presentations – building the coping skills before an incident happens.
- One-on-One Interventions
- Large Group Interventions (demobilization’s, respite sectors, large group crisis management briefings)
- Small Group Interventions ( defusings, CIS debriefings, small group crisis management interventions)
- Surveillance and Assessment (on scene)
- Follow-up, referral or facilitation of access to continued care.